THE SERVICES OF Carrefour jeunesse-emploi MONTREAL CENTRE-VILLE take each individual’s unique personality into account. Regardless of their situation, young adults aged from 16 to 35 can take advantage of our full range of free services, available in English and French.
I’m looking for a job
An effective job search leads to opportunities that meet the aspirations of each person we assist.
Individually or in groups, through basic services or the Jeunes en Action or IDEO 16-17 programs, our experienced counsellors and youth workers can help you:
- Gain a better understanding of the job market
- Draft and improve your resume and cover letters
- Prepare for job interviews
- Target employers and develop an effective interview approach
- Network connections
- Redirect or plan your career
- Organize and prepare a portfolio
In addition to individual and group support services, CJE provides you with access to a multi-service room, which includes the use of computers, online access, printers, fax machines, telephones, a reference library, and much more !
I’d like to go back to school
CJE offers a wide variety of resources and tools to help you understand your goals, the education sector, and the job market. Thanks to various tests and activities, you can gain a better understanding of your interests, values, and skills – helping you make the right education and career choices. Carrefour jeunesse-emploi Montreal Centre-Ville also offers various developmental projects, such as Jeunes en Action and IDEO 16-17, which provide greater support in helping you return to school or enter the job market and overcome any obstacles you may encounter along the way.
I have an unusual background
Are you aged between 16 and 24? Are you dealing with personal difficulties? Did you drop out of school or have trouble continuing your education? If you want give your projects a boost, CJE has two programs that can help you:
- IDEO 16-17: This project is designed to prevent youths aged 16 and 17 from dropping out, by offering several alternatives, including career exploration and job searching and learning how to overcome major life obstacles.
- Jeunes en Action: The goal of this project is to help young adults aged 18 to 24 who have been out of the job market become more self-reliant, socially, professionally, and financially. A youth worker will help you target a professional goal that inspires you, overcome difficulties, and achieve your objectives.
I want to start my own business
Do you have a great idea? Do you want to test your idea in the real world and learn more about entrepreneurship as a career choice?
Carrefour jeunesse-emploi Montreal Centre-Ville’s youth entrepreneurship awareness & promotion officer can help you. Whether you’re interested in learning about useful resources or structuring your project more effectively, our dynamic information officer can work with you, on a one-to-one basis or in a group workshop, to find answers to your questions.
I have a creative project
Since our CJE’s opening, we have developed expertise in providing young artists with the support they need to develop their projects. We can provide legal advice relating to your business. We can help you sort out the regulations and tax laws pertaining to self-employment and cultural business ventures, marketing, and, of course, financing. Through personal meetings and group training on key topics, our youth entrepreneurship information officer is a key asset in developing your projects.